丢失的书页

赞美银月法术书

那个楼上的小窗口成了我的救赎和老师

That upstairs window became my salvation and my tutor.


我知道了人类是什么样的

I learned how people were.


那个村子的人们珍视与轻视什么

What the people of the village valued and what despised.


动物被如何对待

How animals were treated.


我那时确信我也是那些动物的一员

There was no doubt in my mind that I was an animal.


怎么可能不相信呢

How could there be a doubt?


这副模样不就是被用来捕杀的么

Was it not a countenance made for predation?


后来我学习了文字

Eventually I learned words.


你所锺爱的诗歌书卷就是我的启蒙读物

Your beloved volumes of poetry were my primers.


从你做的铅笔笔记裡

From your penciled notations


我知道了你很欣赏华兹华斯和旧浪漫派

I learned that you favored Wordsworth and the old Romantics.


难怪你从我身边逃走

No wonder you fled from me.


我不是那种古典田园世界的产物

I am not a creation of the antique pastoral world.


我是现代的人格化造物

I am modernity personified.


你知不知道那是你创造出来的

Did you not know that's what you were creating?


摩登时代

The modern age.


难道你真幻想你的现代化的作品

Did you really imagine that your modern creation


能够体现济慈和华兹华斯的思想

would hold to the values of Keats and Wordsworth?


我们现在是钢铁机械的人类了

We are men of iron and mechanization now.


我们是蒸汽引擎和涡轮机的化身

We are steam engines and turbines.


你莫非天真到以为

Were you really so naive


我们能在童话故事裡看到永恒

to imagine that we'd see eternity in a daffodil?


到底谁才是孩子 弗兰肯斯坦

Who is the child, Frankenstein,


汝 还是我

thee or me?


你从我身边离开了一次

You ran from me once.


不会有下一次了

Never again.


我们是两面神的面具

We are the Janus mask.


不可分离

Inseparable.


评论

热度(27)

  1. 共2人收藏了此文字
只展示最近三个月数据